We’re here to help. Our cafés provide a relaxed, informal, safe, child-friendly, non-medical environment for families and their babies.
Baby Cafés are for mums who are
- Pregnant and interested in breastfeeding
- Already breastfeeding and want to meet other mums
- Need answers to breastfeeding questions
Why not call in at one of our licensed Baby Café breastfeeding drop-ins.
Baby Cafés are drop-in centres offering information and support for pregnant and breastfeeding mums and their families.
WHEN VISITING A BABY CAFÉ YOU CAN EXPECT…
- A relaxed, informal, safe, child-friendly, non-medical environment.
- For it to be a place where your breastfeeding relationship, at whatever stage, is valued, respected and protected.
- To meet other breastfeeding mums.
- To receive up-to-date information about breastfeeding, from staff knowledgeable and skilled in helping women breastfeed.
- To be helped in a way that equips you to continue breastfeeding when you leave the Baby Café. This usually means staff will work with a ‘hands off’ approach, or work over your hands if necessary.
- That all information, suggestions, books, leaflets, videos, demonstration aids, posters available will:
-Be balanced and informative.
-Help you in making informed decisions.
-Support, protect and promote breastfeeding and the breastfeeding relationship.
- To be supported in the decisions you make.
- That staff will maintain records and liaise in a confidential manner with other local health professionals and the Baby Café head office as appropriate.
- To be responsible for your children at all times.
- For your feedback about the service to be welcomed and taken seriously.
- To see a licence certificate displayed showing that the Baby Café is registered with the national charity.